Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Choice is yours...but this isn't Chuckarama

  

   We can't change anyone but ourselves. This week I've run into a lot of circumstances where I wanted to change the decisions of someone else. I've wanted co-workers who were a bit more confident and strong willed (crazy I know), I've wished that others would have been more considerate and let me know they couldn't come to an activity after saying they thought it was a good idea, I wished that people would let me serve and visit them as my calling encourages me to do. This week I have wished so much that I could just change something, yet that isn't up to me. I have no control over what anyone else does. They have their own lives, perspectives, goals and desires. I have no right to judge their actions, especially when I see how many times I am hiding in the back chatting instead of actively seeking opportunities to help, I spent tonight hiding from a party because I was tired and wanted a nap instead of interacting with people and sometimes I am content doing things my way, instead of allowing others to serve me. How quick we are to be harsh to others, when in other circumstances we do the exact same thing.
    Pres. Uchtdorf said something like this 'how quick we are to hope that someone else is here listening to this message because they need it or oh it can't be me that must be that person over there they are referring to.' He encourages members everywhere to look at themselves and determine if they are on the correct track before God and if they are truly doing what the Lord would have them do. I think we as humans are all pretty far from perfection, we all fall short of the glory of God and need his grace and strength to become something more. I hope that I can invite him more into my life and ask Him what he would have me do better, it is only with his help that I can change and become a smooth stone.


      Before reaching for frustration or bitterness in this chaotic world we live in with failed expectations and miscommunications I hope we can reach for the love of our Savior and realize there is always more we can do, if nothing else we can learn to have charity and learn to love as our Father loves us.
     I would invite each of you, no matter who you are or what stage of life you are in, pray to see yourself as God sees you now, and as you can become. Maybe just maybe it will give each of us more courage to change, for once we know we are accepted as we are and we see who we can be, we will be so excited to become that person.
     Thank you so much for reading this blog of mine, I don't know if I really have anything profound to say, but I know I ask each week for Heavenly Father to show me something that might help someone. I hope that maybe this week this is for you. Our Father in Heaven knows and loves us, we are never so far away that we cannot find His love in our lives. May His Spirit be with us. Sometimes we don't have control over the things coming into our lives, moments of loneliness, sadness or bitterness, but the choice to feed or starve these feelings is ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment