Sunday, February 7, 2016

Through the darkness

This week has been a bit rough. I am feeling incredibly spread thin as student, wife, grader and going to work. There never seems to be enough time for anything. I've tried to keep up my scripture time and prayers, but have still felt distanced from heaven, until I made it back to the temple. Though I received no specific direction I did feel peace and that has made all the difference. Where before I felt far from heaven now I know I am heard. Heavenly father sent two tender mercies this weekend. First a professor who took pity on me and extended a deadline when I fell short. Second in his wisdom he sent an answer to fasting and prayer sooner than expected.
   As a sister in testimony meeting said today, even in the dark times continue moving forward.  Answers that were right before are still true now. Only as we move forward through the darkness can we extend our faith and see the tender mercies our loving father continues to send. Even when heaven feels silent hold to the knowledge God is still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment