Sunday, May 15, 2016

Without you the plan is less perfect

Well it's that time again...Sunday night and I have no idea what I want to write yet. I'm starting this at eight because I have this new goal to go to bed earlier, so I can get up earlier and go for a walk before work, healthy choices come in all varieties and I want to give this one a try.



My parents give their daughters a gift for mother's day each year, even when we were single, usually a book or card with a message about our divine nature and the work of nurturing which is part of our divine role. This year my mom was at a bit of a loss at what she was supposed to get for us, until my sister-in-law gave her the book "To Mothers: Carrying the Torch of Faith and Family" by Elder and Sis. Holland. As soon as mom read that book she promptly went out and got one for each of us. At first I wasn't sure what to think, but the more I've read the more I have craved the message. We do live in a messy world full of darkness, doubts, fears and troubles, yet with our divine role as parents Heavenly Father has given us the powers of heaven to fulfill the role given. Though my husband and I are not yet parents, we are cub scout leaders to a pack of rather rambunctious eight year olds. We have been given the precious opportunity to serve these boys and help them learn things to be courageous, responsible and gospel loving adults. Though we may not have children in our home, we have the opportunity to set an example and show love.  Each of us has this same opportunity. There are so many in the world who could use just a bit more love in their lives, what a glorious opportunity we have to share that love.




There are times in our lives when we feel that life has dealt us a bad hand, that even though we know Heavenly Father is in control and know that he only gives us what we can bear we still feel as if he is over estimating our abilities. Sometimes we forget that life is a precious gift and that we have a purpose. I've forgotten that the last couple of days, I've forgotten that each day, no matter how discouraging or frustrating still has something good to offer. Today in His infinite mercy Heavenly Father sent me those reminders. In my patriarchal blessing He reminded me that I lived with him before I came to this earth, He told me I lived with him before coming to this earth and that because He knew me then and knows me now He has given me a work to do. He sent a book to me, by way of my mom, called "Women of Influence" which tells the story of a mother who lost three children to Cooley's annemia, even though the chances of having two children with it was supposed to be almost impossible. Even though her children knew they had a short time in this life, they knew they had purpose and they fulfilled that purpose. They dedicated the time they had to beautify their world and live each moment to the fullest. We will each encounter things in this life which will bring us to our knees and it is perfectly alright to take time on our knees to pray and regroup, to ask our loving Heavenly Father for his love, his strength and to rediscover our purpose. Heavenly Father has a role for each of us, He has a plan and a purpose and living that purpose and divine role can strengthen us and bring us peace, when we feel stunted or halted in our progress. It truly is an empowering thing when we realize the Creator and Ruler of the Universe has a place for us in his plan, He has a work that only we can do and that without us the plan is less perfect.

We are known, we are needed, we are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment