Sunday, October 2, 2016

Just Because He doesn't explain it doesn't mean it isn't there



So I've been praying for two weeks to be able to hear what the Lord wanted me to know. A part of me is afraid that I was so focused on hearing something profound just for me that I missed a whole lot of good messages that apply to me and to everybody else. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to listen to these talks again and study them over the coming days and weeks so that I can ponder and apply them in my life. I loved that in the final prayer of conference he promised the Lord, for all of us, that we would study the words in the coming days and apply them in our life. Though I was not voice for that prayer, I most definitely want to be bound by that promise.

  What a magnificent blessing it is to hear the words of prophets, seers and revelators for our day, those who see around corners, our watchman on the towers, those who see what is coming and have told us what we need to make it. In years past they have talked about the temple, family home evening, family history and improving our sacrament experience. This weekend, at least to my mind, the patterns I found focused on the plan of salvation, having faith in and developing a personal relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, repenting daily so that we can have the spirit with us and become sanctified, finding joy in our circumstances because we have faith in Christ and increasing the power of the Atonement in our lives through the sacrament.

Now I could be going a bit off the wall and this could just be for me, but I find it interesting that the focused changed so much, it isn't about the programs of the church or what to do in groups, but it is what can we do as individuals to improve our relationship with Christ, what can we do to find His peace, His love and His strength. It would seem to me that there is a day coming that will require a personal relationship with the Lord, when the infrastructure of the church won't be enough, our obedience to commandments, our keeping covenants and valuing the ordinances of God will make the difference in our lives. Now is truly the time to prepare to meet God, prepare now, establish that most sacred and special individual relationship with Heavenly Father and don't wait for circumstances to force it upon you.



If there was one other message that I saw and felt in my heart is that we are known, bills may mount, teeth may crumble, isolation may seem ever building, but we are not left alone. Somehow we find peace, not because everything is explained and made right, but because we know that the most high God has us in his hands and in his sight, He has prepared a way, just because He doesn't explain it doesn't mean it isn't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment