Sunday, September 25, 2016

Course Correct When Necessary

Life can be very crazy, fast paced, busy and overwhelming at times, during those blurs of activity have you ever slowed down and taken stock of where you are? I've had a bit of a cold for the last couple weeks, had a quilting project I was trying to finish in a very short time table, had a lot of books on my reading list, trying to meet my goal of cooking from scratch more often and wanting to be available to encourage my spouse with school pursuits, all of these things have come together in a bit of a perfect storm of feeling overwhelmed and disconnected from the Spirit. In trying to accomplish so much of what I wanted while having limited bodily energy I let the wrong things slide. Prayers were fuzzy from a headachy brain and scripture study was shortened for more sleep after late nights. All of a sudden about three days ago, once I started feeling better, I realized I had moved from the Lord and in doing so allowed limiting beliefs about Him to influence what I thought He could or would do in my life.



Now I realize that sometimes colds just happen, I realize that sometimes things outside our control will cause us to perhaps slacken our best efforts, or just make them not possible, but I realized something, we need to still check in and see where we are, because if we don't we can leave the Lord far behind and not even realize that we left. Course corrections are a natural part of driving, sometimes there is a bump in the road, sometimes the road curves or a car sneaks closer to our lane so we turn the wheel by degrees to keep going in the line we want to be in. Why should life be any different? The adversary sends us bumps in the road, busyness that distracts, illnesses to confuse tired minds, tasks to overwhelm; all of these things can cause us to slacken our obedience or forget to prioritize our study and devotion with the Lord. After those times when we feel the Lord is so far away remember that He wasn't the one who moved and He understands mortality, He welcomes us back as we realize that we aren't where we want to be. He doesn't love us less for having left, He just anxiously waits for our return, we are all the Prodigal Son at some point in our lives and He never wants us to stay away.

I'm so grateful for the words of prophets and leaders who speak the love of God and of His Son to all of us. I have been under a lot of stress lately, but instead of taking that stress to Heavenly Father I was trying to tell myself it wasn't a big deal, Women's Conference last night reminded that there is no stress, pain or fear too small or insignificant to the Lord, He loves us and He knows what is coming to each of us, His love extends past our own fears and He wants to comfort us, but He will not compromise our agency and He cannot and will not force us to do those things to invite His spirit to be in our lives. What He will do is wait anxiously to realize a course correction is in order, He will wait anxiously for us to remember that He is a God of miracles and only our own limiting beliefs limit Him. It is our privilege to ask for miracles in faith and then our duty to build our faith for the miracles to come, but the first step is realizing He wants to give us miracles and the second step to ask, from there He will help build our faith. He loves us so much and wants so much to bless us and bring us to eternity, but we need to stay close by and course correct when needed so we see eternity in our view. Check in with yourself often, know that mortality can mean moments of laxness, but by checking in often those periods can be shorter and we can stay more where we want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment