Sunday, November 6, 2016

Light to Offer



 Sometimes I wish like Alma that I were an angel, that I could trumpet the truth from the roof-tops, that I could give hell-fire and damnation speeches calling the world to repentance, that I would always know what to say and when to say it, that I could have words that instantly change lives. But like Alma I sin in my wish, for I am a woman and do sin in my wish to take too much upon myself. More often than not I forget that I am simply an instrument in the hands of the Lord. It is not my job to pass judgment or call to repentance, my role is to extend love, to extend the mercy of the Lord to all I meet and to be a light for Christ in a darkening world. We truly are lights on a hill. The Lord has sent us here to this world at this time to prepare for His coming. We are to be ambassadors, to be sharers of His light. This means we read our scriptures, we have quiet time to ponder the works of the Lord on the earth and that we diligently seek His spirit and direction so that we have light to offer. In a world of darkness, frustration and division ours is to offer love, joy, peace and light, we are the people to prepare to build Zion, what are we doing each day to prepare to live that law in that sacred land?

No comments:

Post a Comment