Sunday, May 14, 2017

Grace for Grace, we are loved at our darkest


This week has been a bit of a bumpy ride, not really because it was a bad week or that anything bad happened, but because there has been so many highs and lows, just by nature of being life and because I am seeking to receive more light and knowledge and with that desire comes a testing ground. A ground where Satan seeks to see how determined we really are to receive all our Father has for us. This battle ground gave me opportunity to see so many blessings from Heavenly Father and to see how necessary the grace our Savior offers us is for our progression.

I used to think that I was a pretty good person, that with the talents I had and the desires for good I had that I was doing pretty good. Lately I've come to see how many different ways I fall short, how many times I allow myself to coast instead of seeking the bigger and greater things before me and before each of us. I see that I can be a pretty selfish being, I like to have my own way, my own stuff and do the things I want to do, but this life isn't about selfishness, it is about love, kindness, and caring. I used to think that grace was for the sins of commission, you know those sins we actively set out to do, but now I realize grace is for mortality, sometimes we just fall short, sometimes we just don't reach our goals and sometimes we just don't live up to being the people we feel we should be. this week I set out to do a temple marathon. I found a name last Sunday who needed all of her work done. Heavenly Father said take her to the temple each day, so I did. Tuesday was baptism and confirmation (a miraculous experience, I got to the baptistry when it was empty so I ended up getting home about the time I usually would have). Then Wednesday I had the day off and spent the morning at the temple, even though I felt a cold coming. We did initiatory, a session and I ended up doing sealings just when someone else on the third floor needed to leave so the flow of work wasn't slowed or disrupted. Heavenly Father blessed me richly for those efforts, even though the rest of the week I felt I did nothing on my end to warrant it. In fact I fell back into some not good habits I've been trying to break. Yet still I was blessed. Even in my human weakness I have been given many blessings.
 I think if we really understood how much grace we are given daily we would fall at the feet of our Savior and do whatever He asks of us daily. It isn't about what we can do, for He has already purchased us with a price. But we can help Him bless His children, and we can extend the grace He has extended so richly to us to others. In this way we can feel His love and we can do His work, not only to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man, but to love His children, for He truly loves us and no matter where we are on the path of discipleship He hopes we can feel that love.

No comments:

Post a Comment