Sunday, September 3, 2017

Just can't live without



I've been noticing an interesting trend re surging lately. It isn't new, Pres Utchdorf gave a talk about it back in 2012, it just got buried by same gender marriage news and strained race relations news. Back in 2012 Pres Utchdorf talked about the destruction of the family through denigrating the father. He said that through entertainment's views of father figures we see a view of men as bumbling oafs who can't do anything right or men who just don't care and have completely disconnected from their families and responsibilities. In painting this picture I believe that Satan is working to cloud our view of the divine nature of a father, to blind our minds to the love and care a father who is in-tune and desiring to fulfill his divine role can do. When all we see of fathers is ignorance, crassness, cruelty or carelessness we lose sight of who our Father in Heaven is. I'm so tired of a world trying to distract or mislead us from the true nature of our Heavenly Father.

I'm reading another demigod book, I do love reading about the mythology in them, but I struggle reading about deities that only care about themselves and are too caught up in their own petty struggles to give any heed to the people they should be loving and supporting. It paints this picture that the God in our world also doesn't care and doesn't have the time for us. I saw a post on Facebook asking "if there are so many Christians in Texas where was their God", I appreciated the response talking about the outpouring of love, kindness and service during a time when the rest of the country was tearing itself apart over race.

I was grateful to see both perspectives. We do live in a world that seems bent on forgetting God and His commandments or on misrepresenting Him. Even for those who know Heavenly Father and His divine nature it can still be hard to have full faith in His plan. Tuesday is my second year wedding anniversary, two years that have gone by so quickly and have taken me places I never expected to go (and I don't mean around the globe). I have lived more and felt more in these last two years than I have ever thought possible, some amazing, some not so amazing and some downright not fun. There have been times when I wondered what exactly Heavenly Father did have planned for me and where He really wanted me to end up. But a large part of belief is hope that the sun will rise and that good things will come and that better things can come from where we are.

Satan would give us inaccurate caricatures of Heavenly Father so that we don't see a divine creator of the universe that has an amazing work for us to do, that helps us every step of the way. Instead we see a being that can't be bothered to help us or alleviate our sufferings.

I testify that we do have a God who cares, we have a divine Father who loves us and intends for us to become something amazing, yes sometimes this means sending hurricanes into our lives (both literal and figurative), for those are the moments we find our core and test our mettle and those moments we can't live without in a universe where we can become warriors of light for light. Our Father in Heaven is there for you, He does have a purpose, He does have a plan, let Him take the reins sometimes, who knows you might just end up in a place you never imagined, but just can't live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment