Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sometimes our Efforts aren't Enough




As a person who generally loves school I've never realized just how draining it can be. I know that 15 credits plus being a teaching assistant is very do-able, but with two weeks left in the semester I am so drained. I end up kicking myself often, mad that I'm not giving more attention to my math and chemistry as I should.  I wonder sometimes if my late night, frustrated efforts are enough, especially when I spend more time after work watching MASH than watching review lectures. Yet even with my exhausted poor decision making skills I am constantly surprised by the peace Heavenly Father sends to me. He has this amazing way of not only giving me a wider perspective, but also encouraging me to keep trying, even if I feel frustrated and hopeless (at least where chemistry is concerned).
Sometimes when we pray we feel like Heavenly Father is disconnectedly listening to us, we are simply whiny beings who are headstrong. I like to think he understands that our frustrations or tears are necessary growing pains and learning experiences on the way. My favorite part of the video below is when the husband prays for Heavenly Father to do it the husband's way, then at the end the man simply prays that Heavenly Father will help him whichever way is best. Don't think that your concerns are below Heavenly Father's notice, but also realize that His reaction might be different that what you want. He always has a way to deliver us, but we need to do our best to bare the burdens in our lives, for they are as Elder Bednar says "the very things to get us home again".



The world we live in brings burdens of all shapes and sizes, what a blessing it is that we can serve others and bear our burdens together.

No comments:

Post a Comment