Sunday, April 5, 2015

Because of Him




All week I've been pondering on the true meaning of this day. As a speaker today said "this is the most significant day in all of history". Truly Easter marks the salvation of mankind. Because of Jesus Christ we might all live again, but not just live, but live eternally with our Father in Heaven.

Salvation is not purchased by obedience, it is only purchased through the Blood of the Son of God (Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf), truly that blood was spilled for each one of us. I am so grateful for the gift of the knowledge of the true purpose of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Many through the ages have interpreted, created and supported their version of the Atonement: whether fallen for eternity, puppets on a string to God's will with no thought or free will or perhaps predestined to heaven or hell.

Instead the Atonement saves us from every fall, every failing, every disappointment, every mistake and every heartache. Because He lives he can save us from our pain and disappointment, because of His Atonement we are not alone in this journey called life. Though disappointment may come draw near to His love, stay near the tree and hold on to the knowledge you have. Because He lives I can face tomorrow, because He lives I am not bound in fear for the future, I am saved by His saving grace and allowed to work with Him to be perfected, drawn from my fallen, sinful state to a state of perfection once more to live with my Father in Heaven. We are known, we are numbered, His drops of blood were shed for us and with his stripes we are healed.

I am so grateful for this Easter season, to be taught of the true power of the Garden of Gethsemane, He is risen from the Grave.

I hope that this hymn will mean as much to you, as it did singing this with my family this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment