Sunday, March 13, 2016

Your Voice Just Might Change the World



This week has just been rough, I think I'm much more of a routine oriented person than I give myself credit for, one week of Spring Break and I was a puddle of woobliness. But I wasn't woobly just because I was missing having school and work and homework, I quite enjoyed having days with my family, going to the temple, taking naps and reading books for fun. All of these were good week off from school kinds of things, but what wasn't good was the heaviness in my heart. I see candidates mudslinging like crazy (that in and of itself isn't new, but how many people support it, believe and enjoy it is new and that scares me, the hearts of men are growing cold) I see states passing laws which support a tiny minority while placing thousands of women and children at risk, I see a generation of people who feel that they are entitled to every luxury and who have fallen prey to politicians who could care less for the health and stability of the state and only want to be famous and have power. I see a nation who has sold its freedom for gimmicks and fads and hatred, it would seem we now prefer division and hatred to love and unity. I see the wickedness of the world and feel the earth cry out asking the Lord how long this wickedness shall last.

With all of these thoughts in my head I have felt so weighed down in my heart, I see the stories of 3 Nephi playing out in the world around me and I feel brought down, I wonder what little old me can do when the events around me feel so huge and overwhelming and I feel so small and insignificant. What part can I play in the work of the Lord to make a difference. Then I met for a dinner with my grandmothers and I felt their love, I felt their caring and their confidence in me and I was reminded that the love of one person can make a difference.  I entered the House of the Lord and helped in doing work for the dead and I felt Heavenly Father's caring.



We are entering the days prophets have foretold for thousands of years, these are the days when we prepare to see the face of our Savior Jesus Christ we are entering the days when the hearts of men will fail and we are called to be His witness, we are called to stand strong against the forces of the devil, we are called to stand up for the standards of the church and to hold to and share our testimony. The love of one person can change the life of another, the more we strengthen the relationships that really matter the more the spirit of the Lord will enter into our homes and strengthen us against the storms. Love has the power to change the world, not through programs, but through lives. We were chosen to come to the world at this because we have a purpose, that purpose is unique and won't be just like anyone else's, that does not lessen its potency, it should empower us. With the spirit in our lives we can learn our individual purpose and know how we can push the work of the Lord forward. I have a feeling a lot of that work is loving, loving those who are important parts of our lives. Strong relationships will come to mean more and more in the days to come ask the Lord to show you how to share that love and help those around you to share His Gospel and His love.

Be you, your voice just might change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment