Sunday, March 15, 2015

Through my Father's eyes



Have you ever looked at someone else and just thought that they were amazing? Did you start thinking about how much you wanted to be just like them? You felt like you just couldn't measure up or that you got the short end of the talents and abilities stick. I feel that way quite often, I wish I could be a better writer like this friend or better at languages like that friend or that I could be better in-tune with the Spirit or understand my gifts and abilities better.

Do we ever just feel stuck? Unsure how to proceed, but uncomfortable to stay? I feel so unsure at this stage in my life. I'm afraid that I'm not doing enough to be where I should be, but have no idea where else I should be. Do you ever just wish things could be different? Oh how many times I have thought that, if only...insert thought here. Yet I know we are each of us who we are for a reason, we are who we are and where we are for a reason.
   It is so painful and hard to feel that we are missing something, that things don't seem fair or quite add up. How do I have a bright future when right now seems to take my breath away with longing? How do I become the person I am supposed to be when I feel talentless compared to the many gifts of others? Who am I even supposed to be anyway?
   I'm sure we've all felt these things at one time or another, these thoughts can become toxic and paralyse us, which is Satan's plan. If we feel worthless or cheated we miss out on the purpose of this life and on God's life for us. This quote has changed so much of my perspective on how I want to use my life.

"Mortal life isn't fair, but it's real. When we understand things as they really are, though real in the sense of divine destiny and eternal expectations, we can weather the unfairness. Because pain is part of the process of perfection, we can expect that we will experience pain of various kinds in this life...we can still be happy, cheerful, pleasant, and joyful right now despite the pains. Our hope for a brighter day should never cloud the view of this day. We live in a beautiful world full of opportunities and challenges, promises and perils. The Gospel of Jesus Christ and His Atonement hold the keys for happiness now and happiness eternally"- Nora Nylund

Essentially to me this means that each moment is for my learning and gain. If we are honestly seeking to do good and honestly seeking our divine nature our Father will not let us fail. He knows who we can be and seeks to help us. The pain we feel is but a small moment, though that moment may feel eternal right now. I know our Father loves us and that though we may not receive the answers we want, he does send us peace and peace is worth more than a life plan because life changes everyday. I hope that I can do better at trusting him in the moment, for without my Heavenly Father and without His Son's help I am nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment